Monday 8 July 2013

Alt Wide Shut!

Hello there Blogosphere.

Well, this morning lets start the day by talking about what I believe was one of the most successful BDSM or sex party in Second Life.

Yesterday, at Olina was held the first (of many I hope) Eyes wide shut party.  The concept was this.  All members were invited but could only come using an Alt.  The alt, after registering with the owners would receive a temporary tag to the Sim, only to be used for the party.

So how did it turn out?

The experiment was a definite success!

Turns out people can make some damn fine looking Alts.  I was amazed both at the turn out and the quality of the people there.  Out of 37 registered members for the party, we at least at some point when I check had 28 show up.  For those of you keeping score, that a 75% show up rate.  Which in Second Life is pretty amazing when you consider that at times it's hard to get 5 people to show up at one place at one time for..ANYTHING.

So what were the Hits and Misses?

Well keep in mind this is all from your humble Bear reporters point of view. 

Hit: The quality of the Alt and the way people dressed up for the event.

Miss: Time...didn't have enough of it.  We had two hours and that was way to short.  It took the group almost an hour and half to get comfortable and into some serious sex.

Hit:  People brought their A game.  At least from my point of view.  I was plesently surprised by the quality of role play from the partners I encountered.

Miss: People have to got learn to play in local.  I find it hard to believe that event in this group of experienced role player, people most paired up and took their role-play into private IM.

Hit: The venue...I'd be remiss if I didn't mention how good the venue for the party was.  Rob and Tam did a wonderful job providing us with a great place to play.  We had all the toys you could want and great opportunity to mingle.

Miss: MINGLE PEOPLE!....sorry  But it was one of the pet peeve.  The lack of people mingling.  People sort of paired off and went their own way.

Hit:  People kept the secret of their identity.

Miss: Question came to mind if Everyone kept the secrets....but on that I have not one shred of proof...and even if I did...What you gonna do?

All and all...it was a great idea, well executed, and fun was had by...well most.  Tam and Rob say they're prepared to repeat the experience and do some tweeking.

For my part I can't wait to go again.

For the record...I couldn't not make anyone out...and as far as I know no one as yet discovered my identity.

Look for the easter egg people  *Winks*

No comments:

Post a Comment